What is the Lexus Warranty?
When you purchase any new Lexus from a certified Belleair-area dealership, it comes standard with a comprehensive Lexus manufacturer warranty that covers you for 48 months or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. If you’re planning to purchase a certified pre-owned model, you might have the following question: What is the Lexus warranty for CPO buyers, and is the coverage just as good? In the guide below, we’ll explore Lexus warranty options, and answer frequently asked questions like:
- What does the Lexus warranty cover for new vs. CPO Lexus models?
- How long is the Lexus warranty when you add extended Lexus Extended Warranty coverage?
What Does the Lexus Warranty Cover?
How long is the Lexus warranty, and what’s included in your coverage? Every new Lexus vehicle is backed by a limited Lexus manufacturer warranty coverage for 48 months or 50,000 miles. To that, most St. Petersburg drivers add a powertrain warranty — plus, you can also expand your coverage even further with a variety of additional coverage options:
- Basic Lexus Manufacturer Warranty – For 48 months or 50,000 miles, a basic limited warranty covers repairs and adjustments needed to correct defects in materials or craftsmanship of any part supplied by Lexus (subject to exceptions).
- Powertrain Lexus Manufacturer Warranty – For 72 months or 70,000 miles, the powertrain warranty covers repairs that are necessary to fix defects in the materials or craftsmanship of components in the engine system, transmission and transaxle, and the front- or rear-wheel drive system.
- Hybrid Lexus Manufacturer Warranty – Hybrid models through 2019 model years are covered for 8 years/100,000 miles, and 2020 and newer models are covered for 10 years or 150,000 miles. Coverage includes repairs of the Hybrid Battery Control Module, Hybrid Control Module, and the Inverter with Converter.
- Corrosion Perforation Warranty – Coverage to repair or replace any original body panel that develops perforation from corrosion for a period of 72 months, regardless of mileage.
- Parts Warranty – Coverage for genuine Lexus parts, and the cost of any repair or replacement that becomes necessary as a result of a defect in the serviced part, for 12 months from the date installed/remainder of the new vehicle warranty. (Batteries not included.)
- Complimentary Maintenance – Coverage of your first and second scheduled maintenance visits (at 6 months/5,000 miles and 12 months/10,000 miles).
- Lexus Roadside Assistance – Available 24 hours a day and 365 days of the year, this coverage delivers unmatched peace of mind on the road in Palm Harbor. Coverage lasts for a period of 48 months, regardless of mileage.
- Enhanced Roadside Assistance — Available with the Lexus Enform Safety Connect feature, these extra benefits are complimentary for vehicles equipped with Lexus Safety Connect for 10 years on 2019 Lexus models and newer.
Additional Lexus Manufacturer Warranty Coverage
What is the Lexus warranty for certified pre-owned vehicles? Also referred to as the L/Certified Warranty, this coverage comes standard on every CPO Lexus vehicle. You can also add coverage for any accessories purchased at the same time as your new vehicle. Read below for details on extended and additional Lexus manufacturer warranty coverage:
- Genuine Lexus Accessories Limited Warranty — Covers accessories purchased at the time of the new vehicle purchase for 48 months or 50,000 miles. Keep in mind that all accessories must be installed at a certified Lexus service center.
- GAP (Guaranteed Asset Protection) Insurance — In the event of a total loss on your newly purchased Lexus vehicle, GAP insurance covers the balance of your loan after depreciation.
- Lexus Extended Warranty Vehicle Service Agreement — Extends coverage of components after your Lexus manufacturer warranty expires.
- L/Certified Warranty – How long is the Lexus warranty when you buy CPO? For 6 years and regardless or mileage, certified pre-owned Lexus models are covered for repair or replacement of components that fail under normal use due to a defect in materials or workmanship, such as: engine, transmission, steering, brakes (excluding rotors and pads), fuel system, cooling, A/C and heating systems, electrical, and restraint systems.
- Included are service benefits such as roadside assistance, trip-interruption service, and more.
Rely on Lexus of Clearwater for Expert Service
Questions about choosing the right warranty coverage for your needs in Clearwater? Contact our knowledgeable team to learn more about your options. If your Lexus is due for replacement parts or routine maintenance, schedule service with our expert technicians today. We’re also here to help if you need DIY car care tips about oil changes, tire rotations, replacing a Lexus key fob battery, and more!
More on Lexus Models
If you’re looking for a sleek new luxury SUV in the Belleair area, you can’t go wrong with the iconic Lexus RX 350! This flagship of the Lexus lineup has been fully redesigned for the 2023 model year, with significant improvements to the SUV’s design, performance, and powertrains. Aesthetic improvements include a redesigned front grille,…
Lexus hybrid models are renowned for their luxury, reliability, and performance – truly setting the standard for what a hybrid vehicle should be. This model year, Lexus is taking things a step further with the fully-electric 2023 Lexus RZ. The design focus that makes the hybrid models so popular is utilized in the design of…
Maybe you feel it’s time to switch to an electric vehicle for your Clearwater commute, but you don’t want to give up luxury features like leather seats and premium audio systems. Thanks to the Lexus UX Hybrid, you don’t have to. This amazing vehicle brings you all the benefits of hybrid vehicles while also…